Sunday 24 July 2011

New Kingfisher Site

Today I had a very boring day that ended with an amazing evening! I spent the day waiting for kingfishers at a site in Poole. I had nothing after 5 hours so I went and explored new potential sites. I eventually found an area which I believe to be amazing. Although I have only spent half an hour there and this time was dusk, I saw about 5 kingfishers on a large stretch of river. I am hoping to go back many times in the next few weeks and get better images. 




1 comment:

  1. Oh so thats how you have to get a photo of a kingfisher. Many hours of waiting. We have them on our property along the creek and I have never been able to get a good photo with my little camera. I have gotten heron and many more but that kingfisher is a bugger to get. I just don't have the time to sit and wait. But I am glad you do with all your beautiful wildlife photos. Love the heron in flight.

    ReplyDelete