Tuesday 26 April 2011

Grey Seals

Yesterday, I recorded and photographed a new member of my Seal Group at my location on the South Coast. I have seen this male before but always confused him for another female Seal. This male is extremely inquisitive and was happy to come and check us out while we sat completely still on the rocks. Surfacing every 3-4 minutes in the same place just to watch us before submerging again in to the kelp forest below.
I now have seen and photographed three individuals in the area and I believe there might be a fourth member of the group. However at the moment I have recorded 1 adult female and two males.

'Marvin' Adolescent Male - North Atlantic Grey Seal

'Marvin' Adolescent Male - North Atlantic Grey Seal

'Margret' Adult Female - North Atlantic Grey Seal

 'Margret' Adult Female - North Atlantic Grey Seal

 'Noah' Adult Male - North Atlantic Grey Seal

  'Noah' Adult Male - North Atlantic Grey Seal

  'Noah' Adult Male - North Atlantic Grey Seal


1 comment:

  1. Very nice site Sam I will be back to keep an eye on your marine photography

    ReplyDelete